Science Of CALECIM®
Science of CALECIM®
Parent company of CALECIM®, CellResearch Corporation, is a biotechnology company that discovered the presence of stem cells in the umbilical cord lining 10 years ago. It has been found that this is the richest source of epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells from a non-embryonic source. The company owns the intellectual property for Umbilical Cord Lining Stem Cells and maintains a strong focus on the medical applications of these cells.
Patents in nearly 40 territories around the world have been granted for the discovery and applications of these stem cells.
Umbilical cord lining extracts have utility as a platform to treat a wide range of diseases, including those of the brain, heart, cornea, and skin. CellResearch Corporation is starting trials in the USA for US FDA approval for its research to be used in the medical treatment of diabetic wounds. Trials are also planned for the treatment of chronic wounds and burns in Singapore. Find out more here.
CALECIM®: An Anti-Aging Beauty Breakthrough
A proprietary formulation developed from skin regeneration technology, CALECIM® is a revolutionary product that encourages skin to regain its youthfulness.
IN-VITRO TESTS USING CORD-LINING CONDITIONED MEDIA (CALECIM®)
- Evidence of increased epidermal proliferation and cell turnover
- Increased epidermal thickness
- Improved dermal density with production of glycosaminoglycans and increased collagen synthesis
Evidence of Cell Proliferation
Aged skin keratinocytes and fibroblasts were cultured in a 5% concentration of cord lining cell extracts.
Results showed that both aged skin keratinocytes (epidermal cells) and fibroblasts (dermal cells) respond to CALECIM® PROFESSIONAL exposure with positive growth and proliferation compared to the control.
Evidence of Repair using Pipette Scrape Test
Epidermal cells exposed to CALECIM® PROFESSIONAL are more proliferative and migrate faster to heal the wound during in-vitro observations of a Pipette tip scrape wound test.
The absence of grey space in the circled area indicates wound closure and healing.
Evidence of Increased Dermal Fullness
A 3-dimensional in-vitro skin model test. Exposure to CALECIM® PROFESSIONAL showed increased cell proliferation and therefore thickness of skin at both dermal and epidermal layers.
CALECIM® PROFESSIONAL Multi-Action Cream contains extracts of umbilical cord lining, providing skin with
- Soluble Collagen: provides skin with strength, shape and form
- Albumin: maintains skin turgor and fullness
- Fibronectin: binds to collagen, increasing its strength
- Hyaluronic Acid: binds to water molecules to plump up skin
- Consolidated Peptides or Gylcoproteins: play important role in intercellular cross-talk; important in the delivery of ‘skin rejuvenating’ messages